eDiagnostic Learning offers specific online evaluations to assess for dyscalculia.
Dyscalculia is a specific type of math disability that causes individuals to struggle in math in a variety of ways.
Some common characteristics of Dyscalculia include:
- Shows difficulty understanding concepts of place value and quantity, number lines, positive and negative value, carrying and borrowing
- Has difficulty understanding and completing word problems
- Has difficulty sequencing information or events
- Exhibits difficulty using steps involved in math operations
- Shows difficulty understanding fractions
- Challenged making change and handling money
- Displays difficulty recognizing patterns when adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing
- Has difficulty putting language to math processes
- Has difficulty understanding concepts related to time such as days, weeks, months, seasons, quarters, etc.
- Exhibits difficulty organizing problems on the page, keeping numbers lined up, or following through on long division problems.
Once the online evaluation is complete, we can then make relevant recommendations for school and everyday life.
eDiagnostic Learning has been assessing children and adults since 2004.
Call today to schedule an online evaluation.